What will it be like for a production handler position?
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, customer focused & goal oriented individual who is always willing to go the extra mile for our clients & their owners, and our company.
- You will be responsible for handling raw meats, utilizing meat manufacturing equipment, weighing, packaging and sorting pet food products.
- Products must be inspected for quality and consistency and pass through a vigorous quality control system.
- You’ll have to follow certain duties and rights under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and its regulations.
- You must be a hard working, dependable & punctual individual that is eager to learn about the industry.
- There is room for growth as the company expands.
What we’re looking for in this position:
- You must be an animal lover as you’ll be regularly coming into contact with our clients (and their owners).
- Be able to withstand strong smells from certain raw meats.
- Pallet transport, sort, cut and handle raw meats & treats.
- General knowledge of a commercial dehydrator and packing techniques.
- Able to withstand commercial walk-in freezer and cooler temperatures.
- Ability to use heavy duty equipment and machinery for pet food production.
- Perform packing, weighing and sorting activities during production.
- Perform quality assurance during the process and for the finished product.
- Able to lift up-to 75lbs.
- Must uphold health and sanitary standards and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work irregular hours and overtime.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Must have great customer service and communication skills.
- Work experience in food manufacturing or butcher experience is an asset, but not required.